The logo I designed for the Impression studio’s identity was chosen to represent us. However I had to make a few tweaks to the design for when Angharad sent it off to be created as a stamp.
I sat with Alistair for a little while and he played about with the design on inDesign and after ten minutes we decided that actually the main flaw of the design was the shape of the ‘R’. So we changed the shape ever so slightly – as shown below – with the shape looking less ‘eggy,’ the logo design now looked more naturally sections of letterforms. Another decision that was made was to remove the text that I had placed on the original proposal, this was because we would mostly be using the mark as a stamp on our work and the text wouldn’t be readable and the font wouldn’t clash with fonts used in the studio’s publications throughout the year.