The end of the Christmas meant the wrapping up of my zine production, well for the second but final time!
There was nothing wrong with the first version of my zine I created for the Publishing Unbound brief however I knew I wasn’t going to be happy with it until I substituted the letterpress styled font out for actual letterpress.
It’s already week 11 and we’ve put on our first studio exhibition of the year! Time flies when you’re panicking over deadlines..
Twenty seconds. That can feel like a lifetime if you forget what you were meant to say or a blink of an eye if you have lots to talk about. The petcha kutcha presentation was twenty slides, twenty seconds each and it went by so quickly I can’t even remember what I was talking about!
The outcome for my zine collation had to be something that could expand and add more zines to rather than something more certain such as binding.
For the outcome of my posterzine I wanted to be able to use the letterpress room to create the poster, headings and cover. Unfortunately the use of the room wasn’t available until after the deadline for the zine.
To wrap up our first brief I have completed my very first zine! Well this is the first edition of it before I revise the design for a second edition later on in the year, but I’m honestly so excited with the outcome.
Perfecting the zine involved spending a lot of printing credit but thankfully I still had credit on my account from last year.
Before I started looking into ways to collate all the zines together as a set I had an idea. However my idea was to create a wooden box and I don’t think I could pull this off on my own, I definitely would have needed the help of my Grandad. So with the help of Pinterest… Read More Impression: Zine Collation Research
There are so many elements that make up producing a publication! I’ve not really thought about all these components until working in Studio Impression and today’s session was thinking about another one of these elements.